POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface : Re: Road Surface Typeface Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:09:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road Surface Typeface
From: omniverse
Date: 12 Mar 2018 23:00:01
Message: <web.5aa73db2d2f6c4ee9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> In case anyone needs such a thing for scenes:
>
> http://www.cbrd.co.uk/fonts
>
> http://www.mutcd.org/en/products/fhwa/fhwa_symb_en.html

Thanks for the links!

Guess it should be no surprise someone made fonts for "pavement markings". That
term was eluding me before so I didn't find much from quick 'net search.

Now I've seen enough to realize each State here in the US probably has some
individualization regarding those, but maybe mostly adopted from a universally
accepted idea to begin with. Namely a simple vertical (or length) stretched
method. Although I didn't actually find a real answer to that question.

I came across a PDF about Florida and a road planning software, and Michigan has
a PDF telling about it's "research" into such things too.

You helped get rid of my Monday night boredom! Temporarily anyhow. ;-)