POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Terrain, rocks, clouds generation : Terrain, rocks, clouds generation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Terrain, rocks, clouds generation
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 11 Mar 2018 06:05:01
Message: <web.5aa4fe8787cf1b002320e7da0@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,
I was working on noise generation at the beginning of the week, and to test my
code (in C) I did some terrains, rocks and clouds random generation, rendered
with POV-Ray of course. I haven't spent too much time on the POV side, as my
goal was only to validate my code in C. But it looks good enough to me to show
it here. If anyone is interested in, she/he may use what I did as a starting
point for something I guess/hope much better. I would be glad to help when
needed.
All the code is available on GitHub:
https://github.com/BayashiPascal/FracNoise
and for those who don't want to dive into the code there are two simplistic web
pages to generate yourself the same kind of rocks and clouds as those given in
example:
http://www.bayashiinjapan.net/CloudFactory/
http://www.bayashiinjapan.net/RockFactory/
Hoping it may be useful to someone.