POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : for Sven Littkowski - Algorithmus Wanted : Re: for Sven Littkowski - Algorithmus Wanted Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: for Sven Littkowski - Algorithmus Wanted
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 1 Mar 2018 05:10:01
Message: <web.5a97d10ffe98e632d91233f30@news.povray.org>

> Interesting.
>
> Note: a lot of warnings generated in transforms.inc (line 39: scale by
> 0.0 in matrix column; and 187: normalizing zero-length vector) and
> math.inc (lines243 and 275: normalizing zero-length vector). Some way to
> avoid that? I do not see where those are generated.

ABX used a variable called Accuracy in his Time_To_Lenght_Converter macro.
If you rise its value from 0.001 to 0.01 you get only one warning per spline and
not for every defined point.

I think this is because he used an arbitrarily defined step factor in this line:
#local Length = Length+vlength (Point-(Last*1.0003));

If you change 1.0003 to 1.00003, you avoid the matrix column warnings too.

But I really don't know why I get one zero length vector warning per spline.
My math skills...

Norbert