POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1 : Re: city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:42:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Feb 2018 04:10:01
Message: <web.5a951fb1e5be66e2a47873e10@news.povray.org>
Forgot to mention that I 'flipped' the height_fields from their usual 3-D
configuration, if that wasn't obvious. White normally represents the most
protruding y-height of a horizontal HF; I just scaled them <1,-1,1> before
rotating them vertically. It was easier for me to make the HF art in the usual
way, rather than deal with 'reverse' gray values there. (Of course, I could have
'inverted' the grays in Photoshop instead, when the work was finished-- but I
may go back to them to add more detail, or to fix mistakes.)