POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sunlight & night + day : Re: sunlight & night + day Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunlight & night + day
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Feb 2018 17:10:01
Message: <web.5a94853d886a35cba47873e10@news.povray.org>
I put a simple box object into a scene to check the effect, with my camera near
the origin. Try using a backwards rotation-- I do see the changing light effect
then.

Like,  +K-30 on the command line.

          finish { diffuse 0 ambient 1 } //POV-Ray 3.6.
             //or
          finish { diffuse 0 ambient 0 emission 1 } //POV-Ray 3.7.
       }
    }
       rotate <clock,0,0>
 }

I do notice that, past some some positive rotation angle, the light looks like
it disappears(?). Maybe the Sun is moving below the horizon, based on V_SUN's
original position?