POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : The question about depth image generation : Re: The question about depth image generation Server Time
18 Apr 2024 09:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The question about depth image generation
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Feb 2018 00:00:00
Message: <web.5a8664d633e225a2a47873e10@news.povray.org>
Did you leave out a #version directive at the top of your scene file AND the
assumed_gamma setting for your scene?

(Also: in my 'resolution INI file', I have Display_Gamma=sRGB and
File_Gamma=sRGB... both of which are the defaults, I think.)

What I see is that there is NO difference between these two, placed at the
beginning of your scene:

#version 3.7;
global_settings{assumed_gamma 1.0}

and

#version 3.7;
global_settings{assumed_gamma 1.0}
#include "colors.inc"

....But there IS a difference between these two:

NO #version directive
NO assumed_gamma

and

NO #version directive
NO assumed_gamma
#include "colors.inc"

I also see a difference between these two:

#version 3.7;
NO assumed_gamma
#include "colors.inc"

and

#version 3.5;
NO assumed_gamma
#include "colors.inc"

The "colors.inc" file has this at the top:
#ifndef(Colors_Inc_Temp)
#declare Colors_Inc_Temp = version;
#version 3.5;

This changes your scene's version number to 3.5, *if* you leave out a #version
directive in your scene. It looks like v3.5 of POV-ray used a different default
'gamma' value to apply to a scene's colors.