POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SSLT experiments-- animation : Re: SSLT experiments-- animation Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:03:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT experiments-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Feb 2018 06:15:00
Message: <web.5a7ade057200fa80a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Renamed to .mp4 and it seems to work fine in Windows Media Player.
>
> Neat effect - sorta reminds me of those hand-drawn animations where the penciled
> shadows move around like that  :)

Yeah, I kind of like that cross-hatched look. An interesting effect, just by
itself! I *think* that if you set the samples count really low (and keep it low
during an animation-- or maybe cycle it through two different values like 7 and
8),each rendered frame will have what looks like random cross-hatching. It looks
'better' in the original animation, BTW (the individual frames); MPEG video
compression doesn't play nice with such random noise.