POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SSLT experiments-- animation : Re: SSLT experiments-- animation Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT experiments-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Feb 2018 05:55:03
Message: <web.5a7ada327200fa80a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> I get sslt_test_1.mp4.mpg as the filename - what format did you intend to save
> it as?

Well, MPEG 4 (.mpg) in an 'MP4' container format (which is a good standard one,
AFAIK.) The newsgroups impose an extra '.mpg' tag or file-type onto uploaded
animations. Kind of confusing. Apparently, newsgroup folks who use newsreaders
like Thunderbird (and not the web interface) don't see that extra tag, or it
isn't attached, or something. Generally, if I download my own uploaded video
(which then has the extra .mpg tag) it *generally* plays fine for me in Win 7--
depending on my player app. But sometimes I need to simply erase that extra tag,
to bring it back to  sslt_test_1.mp4

Anyway, here's a re-saved version; I hope this one plays OK for ya.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sslt_test_1_redone.mp4.mpg' (3335 KB)