POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SSLT experiments-- animation : Re: SSLT experiments-- animation Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:52:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT experiments-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Feb 2018 05:40:01
Message: <web.5a7ad6fe7200fa80a47873e10@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 02/06/2018 09:17 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> > I made an SSLT test a couple of months ago
>
> Hmm, this video doesn't really work for me. (Linux/vlc)
> I can see the individual frames, but they don't play smoothly.
> It goes 1 through 10, then holds 10 for awhile (while the timer
> continues) and then picks up for a bit at frame 120 for a bit, etc.

Hmm, that's interesting. I used Avidemux to assemble the animation-- using its
MPEG 4 h.264/AVC codec (from the open-source x.264) and an MP4 'container--
which usually plays fine on my Win 7 system. HOWEVER... this time, I set the
'imposed' keyframes to every 10 frames (or rather, what it calls 'GOPs'--
'groups of pictures-- I set it to '10 min' and '10 max'-- for no real reason!
Not that I *totally* understand all that stuff; Avidemux has lots of mysterious
settings, which I usually don't fiddle with.)

I'll try re-saving the animation with more 'normal' settings and re-upload it.

Thanks.