POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SSLT experiments-- animation : SSLT experiments-- animation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:03:16 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT experiments-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Feb 2018 21:20:03
Message: <web.5a7a61bf810ceff6a47873e10@news.povray.org>
I made an SSLT test a couple of months ago (for my own purposes), but maybe it
will be useful for others to see. It's a 2-part animation.

A round object isn't the best kind of object to test it with; I was mostly
concerned with what the *embedded* objects might look like 'under the surface'
(I was probably expecting them to be somewhat visible there, like a stick
embedded into translucent wax. But I probably didn't do the test correctly, or
left something out code-wise. Or maybe I was expecting to see something that
wouldn't be there anyway.)

The test has some varying SSLT paremeters, to show the overall effect. The 1st
part of the video shows the stochastic 'noise' that occurs with a low samples
count. The 'multiplier' that's mentioned in the 2nd part of the video is meant
for the 'translucency' value... like  rgb multiplier*(1,1,1).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sslt_test_1.mp4.mpg' (3623 KB)