POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crushed box corner : Re: Crushed box corner Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crushed box corner
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Jan 2018 21:50:01
Message: <web.5a6fdd3c85506b565cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

> Understand your looking for mesh functionality, but you can fairly
> quickly get a dented box look with an isosurface by routing a box
> function through pigment(1) so as to have access to the pigment pattern
> modifiers.

That, Sir, is a fascinating approach, and the iterative black hole warps are an
interesting way to "crinkle" the edge.

I had to increase the strength to 4 to see what was really going on there.

I will think on this some more - even if not perfectly suitable to the "My
parcel got squished" look at hand, this certainly is an inspiring method - all
sorts of possibilities.

Thank you for that unexpected intellectual bright spot in an otherwise
stultifying day  :)