POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : POVTONS - WIP - Preview : Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:57:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Jan 2018 13:55:00
Message: <web.5a5903864250e33ba47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Kontemplator" <haf### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> No, it's not the file-type extension. Same here, Windows 10 does'nt play h.264
> encoded files too. But I'm not using the 'good' old Windows Media Player.

I think there's something more mysterious involved than just h.264. My own video
camera produces h.264 files, and they play fine in Windows Media Player (my
version, anyway.) However, those files are wrapped in an .MOV container format--
i.e., Quicktime. Same success in WMP with h.264 files wrapped in an .MP4
container. Your own video-- as uploaded to the newsgroups-- shows up here as

jk_povtons_01_preview.mp4.mpg
 (not  .dat  , sorry for the confusion)

I'm not really sure what that .mpg addition represents or what it does-- but
apparently Windows Media Player can play some container formats(?) but not
others? The .mpg addition seems to be confusing it.

Alas, the mystery continues...

Sorry for my off-topic digression ;-)