POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : POVTONS - WIP - Preview : Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:38:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview
From: Kontemplator
Date: 12 Jan 2018 13:20:01
Message: <web.5a58fbf84250e33b7e660c380@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Very cool!

thanks...

> BTW, I'm running Windows 7, and the animation doesn't play in "Windows Media
> Player" itself... but plays fine in all of my other video-viewing apps. It's an
> old problem; I'm thinking that the  .dat  file-type extension that the POV-ray
> newsgroups append onto uploaded videos is the cause(?)

No, it's not the file-type extension. Same here, Windows 10 does'nt play h.264
encoded files too. But I'm not using the 'good' old Windows Media Player.

> I'm looking forward to seeing how your animation progresses!

It's going very slowly, I'm working on the decor, stairs, pipings, electrical
systems and displays. Lots of technical equipment and a surprising story in the
background.