POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help to set this product on Pov-Ray : Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray
From: Pablo
Date: 25 Dec 2017 07:15:00
Message: <web.5a40eb459a3fbe02255e9bf00@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5a31dcc89a8d03875cafe28e0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> First I defined a "sine sphere" - just like I assume you've accomplished, but as
> a function.
>
> Next I made an isosurface using that function, but replaced y with and equation
> to non-linearly scale it.
>
> Then I stretched it by scaling <1, n, 1>
>
> Then i just made a leg with a sphere sweep, and used it 3 times, rotating +120
> deg for the next two.
>
> Hope that helps - post your results (and code) in the binary images thread!
>
> Good luck!

Wow, that's exactly what I want to do! But I don't know what equation to
non-linearly you have put instead of the y on the "sine sphere". That's the
point for me. So it's this function:

sqrt( x*x + y*y + z*z ) - 0.9
            + sin( 12*atan2(x, z) )*0.051

(isn't it?) but on both y's that appear on the sqrt what should I replace for?
Thanks for all the attention. (I haven't seen the work you done seting the
product until today, i'm new on this web site. I'm so thankful, seriusly)