POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help to set this product on Pov-Ray : Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help to set this product on Pov-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Dec 2017 19:00:01
Message: <web.5a31befc9a3fbe025cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Pablo" <Pab### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi everyone, i'm Pablo, first-year engineer design student and I have to make up
> this product on pov ray. How would you make it? Sphere_sweep? It doesnt look so
> realistic:(

I'd say that the central portion ought to be an isosurface with a spherical
equation modified with a sine wave, then asymmetrically scaled (see "Non-linear
scale").

See the Insert Menu, under Special Shapes, Isosurfaces by basic function,
Isosurface sin sphere .
Then scale it:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/substitute.htm

Then add sphere-sweep legs, or an isosurface equivalent.

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/more.htm#spline
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/splines.htm