POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FOG with turbulence-- animation tests : Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:48:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Dec 2017 08:00:01
Message: <web.5a2e80f53f5614d4c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> This is one of those times when I wish I knew how to write source code (and to
> compile such experiments).  :-(  I have a reasonably(?) clear idea of the
> overall idea in my mind's eye... which I keep working on as new problems arise
> re: my conception of it. But turning the idea into a workable *solution* is
> quite another thing. And my understanding of matrix calculations is presently
> sketchy, at best.

Most of what can be done in source, can be done in SDL - one way or another,
albeit much more slowly.
Don't shoot for a full implementation, but a "proof of concept"

> I have a tendency to think about maths problems in a kind of 'visual' way. Who
> knows, I may resort to a step-by-step visual explanation via Photoshop!

Lots of time you can use a spreadsheet to lay things out and give you
instantaneous results, and have a few extra calculations to keep a check on the
intermediate and final results.

Think of frames in an animation or different camera views as just another block
of cells using different numbers...   Then you can see them all at once!