POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : FOG with turbulence-- animation tests : Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:49:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FOG with turbulence-- animation tests
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Dec 2017 21:20:00
Message: <web.5a2deaa83f5614d489df8d30@news.povray.org>

> Not sure what you mean by "camera projection" in this context, but right
> now I'm rather skeptical.

This is one of those times when I wish I knew how to write source code (and to
compile such experiments).  :-(  I have a reasonably(?) clear idea of the
overall idea in my mind's eye... which I keep working on as new problems arise
re: my conception of it. But turning the idea into a workable *solution* is
quite another thing. And my understanding of matrix calculations is presently
sketchy, at best.

I have a tendency to think about maths problems in a kind of 'visual' way. Who
knows, I may resort to a step-by-step visual explanation via Photoshop!

I do see what you're getting at-- having to take multiple ray-samples of the
'fog' to get correct depth/density of the turbulence patches, if I want my
'camera projection' approach to even work-- but I'm trying to work around that
bottleneck, to avoid it...