POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem with turbulence in 'fog' : Re: problem with turbulence in 'fog' Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:44:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with turbulence in 'fog'
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Dec 2017 03:00:00
Message: <web.5a25005980800e7e89df8d30@news.povray.org>

> Not sure, but maybe try toying around with `turb_depth`.
>
> According to the source code, the turbulence parameter does /something/.

You're right, there is *some* kind of effect (although I'm still experimenting
to determine what that 'something' is!) A non-zero turb_depth does seem to be
important; but some of the example fog files don't even have that parameter. I'm
not sure which one(s) though-- I think I 'saved' some changes to those files
during my experimentation. A bad thing to do, I know :-[  But I still have the
pristine files in my original 3.7.0 install...