POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Let Me Render That For You : Re: Let Me Render That For You Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:10:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let Me Render That For You
From: omniverse
Date: 10 Nov 2017 02:15:01
Message: <web.5a0551b9294fb4d49c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> > So if any of you happens to be working on a render-time-consuming
> > project and could need some additional raw computing power, let me know
>
> I would send you the old Capriccio sample scene

Um, sorry, not a "sample" or example scene file. Not part of POV-Ray
distribution, I remembered wrong.

A rendering is in POV-Ray Hall of Fame, and I think a link to its files too but
that link is broken. However Norbert Kern reposted them, so thanks for doing
that a few years ago Norbert!!

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.542d85973c52af1d5f44f3a00%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=4
14950&toff=50

Going astray here, I didn't know Histogram file output (ini option +HTN for
example) was removed from 3.7 but I have a PNG histogram of the capriccio.pov
render, apparently done using version 3.6. I was going to try another using 3.8
and got the error about it being unrecognized.

C'est la vie!