POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Standalone editor & parser? : Re: Standalone editor & parser? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:37:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standalone editor & parser?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Oct 2017 13:05:06
Message: <web.59ee20e8e089fcd9c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Do you want the Windows GUI and parser without the render engine? What
> good would that be?

I'd be able to write SDL on any computer I was sitting at, and check for proper
syntax and other errors without having to install POV-Ray on every box I used.

Color coded contextual highlighting is nice (I will check out VIM), but the
parser is really the thing that tells me if something's going to even GET TO the
render phase without choking on a missing include file, a missing ) or }, an
undeclared variable, etc.

It was just an idea for something useful, if it was simple enough to do.

A dream in a longer, narrower pipe would be to have an online editor / parser
that could be used in a browser...