POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #declare really is anxious about its semicolon : Re: #declare really is anxious about its semicolon Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #declare really is anxious about its semicolon
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Oct 2017 12:30:01
Message: <web.59de4634d7b90bfb89df8d30@news.povray.org>
"Ard" <and### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>   #local A = #if (1) 123 #end ;
>
> If you shift the semicolon to before the #end, it's good.  Or, this:

Geez, now I know why this looked familiar: it's because I usually write such
code on separate lines. Like so...

#local A =
#if (1)
123;
#else
0;
#end

The semicolon placements 'look' correct this way. I've done similar stuff in the
past.

Or, for the #else, if not zero, then maybe...

#else Let_POVRay_Decide // thus instructing the program to pick something that
it likes, of its own free will. Uh, it does *have* a built-in 'free will'
function, right?????????   ;-)