POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : artifacts on lathe object : Re: artifacts on lathe object Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:49:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artifacts on lathe object
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2017 07:50:00
Message: <web.59dcb3b9d40b44f2c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"David Mandelberg" <dav### [at] mandelbergorg> wrote:
> When I render the below scene, there are some spurious black artifacts near the
> center of the red vuvuzela. Without the translation and rotation, the artifacts
> go away. I'm using POV-Ray 3.7.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.

I think there may have been some issues with the bezier spline, that have been
addressed post-v-3.7
I didn't have a chance to render this in 3.7.1-beta.8, but I'd guess it might
look better.
I'd say either install the beta and try it, or use a different spline type.

> #declare Vuvuzela = lathe {
>   bezier_spline
>   24,

> object { Vuvuzela pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> } }

I must confess, I had to look up "vuvuzela" and was apprehensive about the
search results, as it sounded like it might be something NSFW.   :D