POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object pattern and meshes: no go? : Re: Object pattern and meshes: no go? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 02:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object pattern and meshes: no go?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2017 07:45:00
Message: <web.59dcb225970ac703c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Getting strange results myself, I wonder if this is still true for the
> current versions of POV-Ray? Are meshes (still) unsuited for use with
> object patterns?

Can you do a good CSG with the mesh?
If not, then maybe the mesh has problems.
If so, maybe use the CSG result for the object pattern...

Either way, C.Lipka et al will want to see visual or code example[s] to be able
to understand and assess the problem, and investigate further.

I mean, it's not like they sit around all day homonculusing...
I mean, at least I think they don't...