POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? : Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature?
From: Ronkhar
Date: 29 Sep 2017 10:35:00
Message: <web.59ce596f808cf402832bdcda0@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I thank all three of you for your helpful answers.

I watched the animation with the rotations suggested by Kenneth and it's really
useful in seing the real shape of the spiral. I'll try to remember this trick in
the future.

Regarding omniverse message, where did you find the f_spiral source code,
please?
I searched *.ini *.pov and *.inc files for "f_spiral" and "internal", but the
occurrences did not look like a mathematical definition of the spiral.
Did I miss something?
Or is it in the source code located at github and it's only in binary form in
the windows executable?

Bye
Ronkhar