POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? : Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface and f_spiral - bug or feature?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Sep 2017 15:00:01
Message: <web.59c80047808cf4025cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Ronkhar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

I'm going to speculate that the darkness arises from the angle of viewing
_through_ the highly filtered texture.   The more you look through, the darker
it gets.   At extreme angles, this may add up quickly and get VERY dark.

http://life.nthu.edu.tw/~labcjw/BioPhyChem/Spectroscopy/beerslaw.htm

>    texture{pigment{ color Red filter 1 }}

> Problem 2: Near the center, the exterior part of the spirals end with a straight
> line, where I was expecting the curve to continue.

This might [also] be a matter of perspective.
I'd suggest rotating your isosurface or repositioning the camera to see if it
goes away, and what you _think_ you should see is actually there, or an illusion
or unexpected result of the texture and/or lighting.
(align your spiral so that it is symmetric around the y-axis)

I might also move the light source, and perhaps add one or two more.

http://3drender.com/light/3point.html