POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Bounding Box Macro : Re: Bounding Box Macro Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:38:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding Box Macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Aug 2017 10:15:01
Message: <web.59a0305ee3036c00c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Definitely camera look_at origin, I would expect anyway, not the <0,0,0> origin.
> Although a different singular line between those 2 points might be good for the
> spatially challenged to keep visually oriented to a fixed "center".

Good point about look_at.

I think that axes or gridlines, or some such thing like that would serve the
same function as the line to the origin -

although when I was writing my code for visualizing the camera view frustum, I
thought it would be good to have some sort of 3D indicator like a pilot's
dashboard.  Even better would have been a scene-in-scene box from a -N*z to z
pseudo-default camera view, with color-coded axes and an arrow or a mini
view-frustum to show a meta-scene.

IIRC, some of the wizards here have developed code to render the same scene from
multiple cameras in the same render.  That would be best.