POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? : Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:02:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QUESTION: STL to POV (INC)?
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Aug 2017 12:55:00
Message: <web.599b0e41db2ef770883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> Besides, this thread has been closed already by me, a few days ago, with
> a final statement.

No, no, a POV-Ray newsgroup thread should never be consider 'closed'. ;-)  Three
years from now, someone else might read your post and come up with an
important new comment or idea to add, concerning your particular original
question. If the user posts it there, it will then show up in the newsgroups'
'most recent messages' list, for others to see.

My own opinion is that keeping related comments together in one place is
generally a good approach (if they're not off-topic), as it makes it easier to
'search' for a particular specialized topic in the future.

I do newsgroup searches all the time, looking at old posts for 'past wisdom' on
a particular topic (and to try and avoid asking the 'same old question' again.)
The newsgroup archive is a HUGE treasure-trove of interesting and useful topics.