POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Tronc Commun 3 : Re: Tronc Commun 3 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tronc Commun 3
From: omniverse
Date: 24 Jul 2017 19:55:00
Message: <web.597687b0c356a9f19c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"Eriban" <pov### [at] spamgourmetcom> wrote:
> This last puzzle in the series is by far the most difficult. The reason is that
> it requires several rotational moves

Intriguing, and awesome. I've seen some of your others before. I like this kind
of thing in real life but unfortunately I'm more likely to break them or give up
so I avoid getting any other than as gifts.

No doubt this kind needing pivoting moves is especially interesting, so I'm
amazed anyone can model and animate such things.

I like the way they appear mesmerizing. Having seen many of your animations, and
I'm sure not all, have you thought about using speed changes for the piece
moves? Mainly the taking away or going together, to accelerate or decelerate
them.
I'm thinking of the clockmod.inc or macro from Chris Colefax, which I often rely
on for that. In fact, maybe adding motion blur via UberPOV or MegaPOV could be
possible. Only thing about that is the change might not be what you've intended
for the look of your animations so only a suggested idea... unless you've
already considered it before.

Anyway, thanks for making those puzzles move on their own so I don't have to do
that.. either in POV-Ray or RL!

Bob