POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : smooth gradient color_map : Re: smooth gradient color_map Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:53:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth gradient color_map
From: omniverse
Date: 22 Jul 2017 14:25:02
Message: <web.59738ed46b1125dc9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Am 22.07.2017 um 06:26 schrieb omniverse:

So to clarify the next thing said:

[0, 1 color <0,0,1> color <1,0,0>]

> That syntax is obsolete, and should be avoided. Instead, use the
> following for exactly the same effect:

And again, clarify this to be written as:

[0 color <0,0,1>]
[1 color <1,0,0>]

I am so far behind the times! Old habits and haphazard methods.

And in case anyone else is wondering, documentation for color_map AND blend_mode
is at:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Color_Map

FYI, note to clipka... your example using blend_mode lacks either keywords color
or rgb, POV-Ray wants at least one of those in there. Obvious or not, my chance
to nitpick. ;)

And something curious going on, I'm not sure about, when I add blend_mode to my
example; I can't get the same appearance as yours, which seems to remove the
purple color between blue and red.
Mine just looks the same no matter what blend_mode is set to. Don't know if it's
the incremental steps thing, but I also took out the 2nd color and let a single
color statement do the for loop. No change.

So a heads up goes to OP jr about it anyway.

Bob