POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing page[s] : Re: Raytracing page[s] Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:01:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing page[s]
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Jul 2017 19:45:01
Message: <web.596e9d22b085b44b883fb31c0@news.povray.org>

> I was looking to see if anyone had already written any formulas or macros in SDL
> for dealing with matrices ... no luck so far, but I did find this:
>
> https://people.cornellcollege.edu/dsherman/visualize-matrix.html

Thanks for posting this link. I need as many sources as I can find, to help me
further understand how a matrix works, and its many uses. (I *probably* learned
the fundamentals in either high school or at university...but which I've long
since forgotten, as I never had occasion to put it to use-- until I discovered
POV-ray. For example, the real magic of Rune's ILLUSION.INC include file lies in
his use of a matrix, with amazing results. I'm still trying to understand what
he did!)