POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #debug message problem re: line breaks : Re: #debug message problem re: line breaks Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #debug message problem re: line breaks
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Jul 2017 19:00:00
Message: <web.596e92838dced37c883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
> Kenneth,
> If you search around, you will find reference to the fact that the text output
> to the debug stream does not get displayed until a new line of some sort is
> encountered.

Hmm, I haven't seen that. (Probably because I haven't looked up the docs re:
output messages in awhile-- relying instead on my old pre-3.7 knowledge.)

> It's good practice to always end some sort of text output with a "\n"
> I too, used to wonder "Where did my debug output go???"

Yes, my old sloppy ways need to be updated ;-) AND... maybe the docs concerning
#debug as well. They're getting a bit 'old and crusty' and probably need a few
additions or clarifications, to reflect the 3.7xx changes that Clipka mentioned.