POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : roiling fire cloud WIP 1 : Re: roiling fire cloud WIP 1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: roiling fire cloud WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Jun 2017 12:35:01
Message: <web.594bf17e1ff0e3e883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

> Maybe you can use the phase keyword for density color changes, with a clock
> variable for that.

I actually forgot about the phase keyword :-/ I'll give that a try; sounds like
a good idea.

Currently, I'm animating warp{turbulence...} through the spheres, which gives a
nice roiling look-- but it's not ideal for this. Turbulence can be moved in x, y
or z (or all three), but that's still a single vector direction. What would be
more appropriate here (although probably impossible) would be to have turbulence
moving outward from the *center* of the sphere, radially, in all directions at
once (and maybe scaling up as it does so.) But that would require the turbulence
pattern to begin at what is essentially a 'singularity' at the center of the
sphere! Oh well.. it's still a 'fantasy feature' that I wish POV-Ray had.