POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Testing Required: Mosaic Pretrace and Abort-Continue : Re: Testing Required: Mosaic Pretrace and Abort-Continue Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing Required: Mosaic Pretrace and Abort-Continue
From: omniverse
Date: 16 Jun 2017 06:50:00
Message: <web.5943b6fab6538c359c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Hi folks,
>
> examining some mosaic pretrace related code, I've come across some stuff
--->8---
> I /think/ the problematic case would be when `+spN +ep1 -a` with N>1 is
> used, i.e. mosaic pretrace starting from any resolution and ending at
> full resolution, with no anti-aliasing; but I'm not sure whether it'll
> actually go wrong, and/or whether other cases might also be affected.

Using sp>1 (and tried ep>1<sp too) getting a screen pattern in final image.
Every other line has black for every other pixel, while every other line and
column is rendered correctly.

Another thing, it can cause the render window to show same screen pattern, yet
with transparent checkerboard background. I think it must be when final pass is
interrupted and continue trace used afterward.
So maybe if not final pass during stop it won't affect render window.

And confirm same as Kenneth found with continue and no render window, if doing
same here, except using command line instead.

64 bit beta 8.