POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Debugging help : Re: Debugging help Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging help
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 May 2017 08:00:01
Message: <web.592574f21ef603fec437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:

> Thanks for the help.

Always happy to help solve a puzzle, and I enjoy your projects.
Please post more WIPs and final renderings!
I've been down that road before, so it looked like a[n all too] familiar
problem.

> Should have gone with atan2() to begin with, but I tend to
> make things harder than they have to be.

I also have a tendency to build a clock to check the time.

> I also just noticed an inconsistency in my model: The walls are supposed to be
> calculated based on the minor radius of the central hexagon, so the inner edge
> of the brick should be no closer to the center than MINR, but I had the bricks
> straddling the line.

That ought to be easy enough to fix with a simple translation in your
fundamental brick definition.