POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Debugging help : Re: Debugging help Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging help
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 24 May 2017 03:00:00
Message: <web.59252ec51ef603fefd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
> Just an FYI for experimenters:
>  when plotting cylinders around a circle,
>

> y*(wall_th) give a sort of spiral
> and -y*(wall_th) gave an interesting stretched and pointed pattern (plot to see)

Thanks for the help.  Should have gone with atan2() to begin with, but I tend to
make things harder than they have to be.

I also just noticed an inconsistency in my model: The walls are supposed to be
calculated based on the minor radius of the central hexagon, so the inner edge
of the brick should be no closer to the center than MINR, but I had the bricks
straddling the line.

oops.

back to work.

regards,