POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar System : Re: Solar System Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:45:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar System
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 May 2017 09:35:00
Message: <web.5915b9184e850994c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I kept loosing sight of the Earth watching the download. :(
> One frame it's there. The next frame it's not.
>
> I'm thinking it might be your encoding settings.

Might be.   I have that problem with several of the planets.
Suggestions?

I also have some formulas for scaling something so that it's always at least a
pixel wide.   I may add that so the apparent size never drops below a pixel.

> > Not sure how I ought to place the planets - so I just started at full syzygy.
> > I may trace out the orbits in a future version.
> >

> The orbit of the moon would be nice to see.

I'm going to play with parameters to see what I can get to fit on the screen and
be aesthetically pleasing, but not too wildly unrealistic.

Maybe even code in proximity conditions for textures vs uv-mapping.

Still pondering how to rotate the sun faster around the axis than the equator -
how to procedurally texture that....