POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Put a text label on two sides of a non-planar object : Put a text label on two sides of a non-planar object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:47:41 EDT (-0400)
  Put a text label on two sides of a non-planar object
From: Franz von Dardel
Date: 11 May 2017 11:20:00
Message: <web.59147fd7804715f36826427b0@news.povray.org>
My object is a prism (cubic_spline). I cannot use a text object, because the
place where I want to put the label is not planar. So I have tried to use a
layered texture with an image_map (containing my text) on top.
It looks fine on one side (say South) of the object:
http://dardel.info/imagesPOV/Navire4a.png
but on the other side (say North) it appears reversed:
http://dardel.info/imagesPOV/Navire4b.png.

How can I put the same label on both sides of the object?