POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : re Cassini : Re: re Cassini Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:28:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re Cassini
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 May 2017 10:10:01
Message: <web.590c877c981bf41cc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> > If Jörg were a Dutchman, he wouldn't be able to afford the Umlaut-dots.
> > They're quality products made in Germany, and we don't sell them cheap.
> >

> So that is why they are not used for UberPov?

Well, one of central tenets of German Engineering is "Why only use 2 parts, when
you can accomplish the same task with 50 high-precision fully articulated hand
crafted mirror-polished moving parts?"

So, they're expensive, on overseas back-order, and since each umlaut is a
precision-coded scalable vector true type WYSIWYG fontpiece made from 7
interlocking pieces.   Most (l)users don't have monitors of high enough
resolution, or video cards to drive them, let alone display them at the Proper
Gamma Setting(TM).

:D