POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : using povray with openGL : Re: using povray with openGL Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using povray with openGL
From: Meher
Date: 17 Apr 2017 13:45:00
Message: <web.58f4feccc5305a91272b73e40@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 4/17/2017 3:50 PM, Meher wrote:
> > For a course assignment, I need to render a scene in openGL and then add global
> > illumination (of any kind i.e., photon mapping, radiosity etc.) to the scene
> > using povray. I'm new to povray and I couldn't find any way of doing this. Can
> > anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.
> >

> I am slightly confused. PovRay and openGL are two different rendering
> methods.
> What is your course assignment, how is it worded?
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

The assignment tells us to implement a research paper (from a given list) and
then add global illumination to the rendering. The paper we chose is
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=344795. In the paper, the rendering method is
explained for openGL and when we asked our professor he told us to implement the
method from the paper in openGL and then add global illumination using povray.
So, now we're kind of stuck as we don't know how to do that.

Thanks,
Meher.