POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : output image DPI : Re: output image DPI Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:48:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output image DPI
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Apr 2017 18:30:00
Message: <web.58e02934cc3ed4b5883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
That's an interesting question. Which I don't know the answer to :-P

But I work around it in Photoshop: If I need to change an image's DPI, for
printing or whatever, I just go into IMAGE/IMAGE SIZE and fiddle with the
resolution there, then re-save it. (If the image is PNG, that's a lossless
re-save, quality-wise; but if JPEG, then a 2nd compression quality-loss is
incurred... which I usually live with.)

That said, it would be nice to be able to specify a DPI setting in POV-Ray.