POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : overlapping independent media containers objects : Re: overlapping independent media containers objects Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: overlapping independent media containers objects
From: rodv92
Date: 31 Mar 2017 17:30:01
Message: <web.58dec94bc6a36aac1d2ae3900@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Am 31.03.2017 um 20:45 schrieb Kenneth:
>

> > You don't ;)
> > POV-Ray does "add" media together wherever media containers overlap.
> >
> Oops!  Thanks ;-) I need to go back over all of my older media-container
> experiments, to refresh my poor memory. It was all so *clear* to me back then...

Thanks all,

I will play with intervals.
However it will probably cost me quite a lot in CPU.
So i will try first to play with the luminosity / extinction of the different
media and try to make them comparable in this respect to minimise the effect.

I thought too of making the emitting media contained in a somewhat "rough
sphere" with an isosurface ellispe with a f_noise3d perturbation too see if it
helps.

I will get back with the results.

Bye.