POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : When a renderfarm is not an option... : When a renderfarm is not an option... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  When a renderfarm is not an option...
From: rodv92
Date: 21 Mar 2017 15:25:00
Message: <web.58d17d7cb78b24ab1d2ae3900@news.povray.org>
Hello group, i am currently preparing a demo project.
the animation will be 12000 frames @ 25fps, 640*480, no AA.

It would take at least 70 days on my server, and it would make me blow up my
deadline.

A renderfarm @ 0.014 EUR/Ghzh would do the trick in 1h37 min best case scenario.
but would cost 1165 EUR.

A bit expensive...

So basically, I thought of using povray as the modelling environment, and THEN
converting the project to another renderer raster or hybrid with GPU
acceleration and buy a decent GPU card for a quarter of this price tag.

My question is : do you know any decent tool to convert POV files to another
render format with a quite good fidelity in respect to the original render
output ?

It is too late for me to switch my modelling to another platform.
An by the way, i like pov-ray a lot and would be lost in a complex project on
another platform if i had to refactor/re-engineer by hand.

Your help would be much appreciated on this issue.