POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 15 Feb 2017 23:40:01
Message: <web.58a52c59bd8ebaffd61e8dc40@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> No, to get the water down you just need gravity. :-)
> Seriously, Would you intend to make close ups or an animation? These
> landscapes are generally quite static over short time spans. (I am sure
> Thomas might have an opinion.)
>
> It actually gives me an impression of the Scottish Highlands with
> interconnected lochs. It can't be because the sun is shining and it
> doesn't look cold. ;-)
> I like the pattern of vegetation as well.
> How long did it take to parse and render?
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

I haven't played too much with animation, but suppose you could. It's not going
to look too fantastic if you do a close up of those streams, since they're made
of cones and spheres. You'd definitely be able to tell that up close.

I've thought that maybe I could switch to building a mesh for the streams
instead; that would probably yield better close-up potential.

At the moment, it takes about half a second per stream to parse. There are about
100 streams in this render. If I don't have other settings cranked up too high,
render times are just a few minutes right now.