POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing the path of streams : Re: Tracing the path of streams Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:57:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tracing the path of streams
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 15 Feb 2017 23:35:00
Message: <web.58a52b3fbd8ebaffd61e8dc40@news.povray.org>

> Oh, I do! I do! This is coming at a time when I have been wondering how
> to fill those valleys with streams. Lately, I have been working with a
> combination and alternation of Wilbur, Bryce, Terrabrush, GeoControl,
> and World Machine on the same height_field, to generate landscapes where
> river valleys are eroded down. Problem is the water and I have not got
> that far indeed. So, I am quite interested in this development. It is
> looking very good!

> --
> Thomas

That erosion element is the missing piece here, of course. This scene looks like
it's never rained here before, and there are no actual streams or lake beds,
just water pouring over the surface.

I've made some improvements and have been trying to get another render done, but
unfortunately, I seem to be running into a bug with my build of POV running on
this Mac (the last of my PCs died a couple months ago). It'll parse fine, and
start rendering just fine, but it keeps crashing and closing mid render.

You're more than welcome to see what you can do with it though!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j0kes0x79u9zz9/Water3.pov?dl=0