POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001 : Re: MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:49:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV mountains lakes circa 2001
From: omniverse
Date: 10 Feb 2017 05:20:01
Message: <web.589d92b3c3d0ae5d9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> On 9-2-2017 14:40, omniverse wrote:
> > Maybe too slow for (quick) animation, I was surprised how long it took when trying
it
> > here. Maybe it's that radiosity, easily skipped.
>
> It is a slow process indeed. I still intend to study this scene more
> closely. I find the differential snow cover very tempting to use one way
> or another in a scene.

You're sure to get something interesting rendered.

This had me looking at slope pattern in the documentation and something I wasn't
aware of is the "new to 3.7" point_at for it. Or if I did know I had forgotten
it.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Slope_Pattern

Since point_at isn't used in the snow slope pattern I'm guessing a change to
that might need adjustment, since the doc says altitude can't be used in
conjunction with point_at.
Although, looking again at the scene file altitude is not used anyway!

Food for thought anyhow, because it seems like it would be what SunPosition is
made for.

Bob