POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : grouping objects for transforms : grouping objects for transforms Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:03:34 EDT (-0400)
  grouping objects for transforms
From: Klewlis
Date: 5 Feb 2017 09:20:01
Message: <web.5897336bee778495f9209890@news.povray.org>
For my animation, I want to place several objects in my scene individually,
group them somehow and perform transform operations on the entire group.
#declare groups the objects, but then I have to insert all objects as one unit.
Is there a way to create a group as you place the items in one at a time?

Something like:

#group {eastwall}

object { LongPlate
    rotate z*90
    rotate y*90
    rotate x*-90 }

object { LongPlate
    rotate z*90
    rotate y*90
    translate z*94.125
    rotate x*-90 }

object { ShortPlate
    rotate z*90
    rotate y*90
    translate <3.5, 0, 95.625>
    rotate x*-90 }

#for (i, 1.5, 241.5, 16)
    object {Stud
        rotate z*90
        translate <i, 0, 1.5>
        rotate x*-90 }
#end

#endgroup

translate {eastwall} x*-90

then I would use a clock to place each item individually then transform the
entire group.