POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : feature request: disable file overwrite : feature request: disable file overwrite Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:01:21 EDT (-0400)
  feature request: disable file overwrite
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Jan 2017 08:10:00
Message: <web.5887512288c6897ec437ac910@news.povray.org>
I know that when I've downloaded files with a browser, many of the browsers will
save a file (file1.ext) and then if the same or another file with the same name
is downloaded, it will create a modified file name (file1(2).ext).

Could some sort of .ini or command line option be implemented so that POV-Ray
will not overwrite an existing render in the directory?