POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 : Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:52:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
From: LanuHum
Date: 11 Jan 2017 11:10:00
Message: <web.5876578eed92e9117a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> Am 11.01.2017 um 06:59 schrieb clipka:
>
> > The beta version is designed to install in its own dedicated directory,
> > and live happily alongside an existing 3.7 installation.
>
> Sorry, I should have mentioned that this applies only to the pre-built
> binaries for Windows.
>
> Users of Unixoid operating systems will need to specify corresponding
> parameters to the ./configure script if they want to install the beta in
> a separate directory; also, even then the beta may still share some
> files and directories with the official version.

I have another computer. AMD (1 kernel,1 thread) Povray has not been set. It was
the first compilation.
..../configure --prefix=/usr COMPILED_BY=Lanuhum  no problem
make no problem
make install no problem
run povray - problem

Previously, I have a hundred times povray created from the source code.
Sometimes it was a configuration error.
This case (beta 2) is the first.

Now I installed 3.7.0 of the repository - no problem.