POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball : Re: Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Jan 2017 08:15:00
Message: <web.586cf4b2ccfba4d99c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> I was just checking out some further stuff on this and found:
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2012/09/PWjWR.gif
>
> Wowza.  :O
> That looks like a cool spherical harmonic isosurface to model!   ;)
>
> from:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2012/09/15/weekend-diversion-the-physics-of-happy-gilmore/

Heck, I knew a golf club bends a little and ball would deform slightly but sure
didn't realize it was like that.
The 50 pound plate hit makes the ball look unreal. In fact, I can hardly believe
it isn't bursting apart instead of flattening out, and then able to reshape like
a soft-boiled egg.

Once when a teenager I peeled a golf ball down to a small inner rubber core
(liquid-filled? I forget), lots of rubbery strands between the hard plastic
shell and that. Just never thought of the shell itself as being pliable enough
to stretch so much.