POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface Rocks, using a single iso; could use a bit of help : Re: Isosurface Rocks, using a single iso; could use a bit of help Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Rocks, using a single iso; could use a bit of help
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Dec 2016 07:55:01
Message: <web.584aa95d916cc6b4c437ac910@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:

> Do you have any idea how to unite the single iso method with the multiple
> one I have? Thats what has me stuck, nit sure how to do that at all.

I guess you mean this:

// Single Rock.
// #local RockPosition = <0, 0, 0>;
// IsoRock(RockPosition, 4)

?

That's a single invocation of the macro.
The DistributeRocks macro just does a nested loop 'Extent' times, to make the
grid of single rocks.

Just comment out the #while J and its #end, and pop a #declare J=0; in there
instead.   Then you'll get a horizontal line at z=0;
Change 'Extent' to a lower number to get fewer rocks.

I'd say this would benefit from TOK's isosurface estimator macros, or maybe
reworking it into a parametric-style set of equations that would generate a
union of smooth triangles or an actual mesh{} object from the resulting points.
 THAT ought to be lightning fast in comparison - especially if you intend on
making a LOT of rocks, like a gravel driveway or something   :)

I will think on it a bit.